Getting into Kuala Lumpur by air is one of the most convenient and popular transportation modes, the modern and well maintained Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) is the main gateway into Malaysia. The airport is located in Sepang with about 1 hour drive from the city centre. The airport is served mainly by the national carrier Malaysia Airlines with the support of vast diversity of airlines network. On the other hand, Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) located at about 20km away from KLIA is served mainly by the budget airline AirAsia.
Travel Between Airports and KL City
Between KLIA and KL city:
1. KLIA Express Train, 28 minutes non stop trip to the Kuala Lumpur transportation hub, KL Sentral Station. Metered taxi is widely available in KL Sentral Station.
2. Airport Limo Taxi, operates using a prepaid coupon system and visitors are required to purchase the coupon at the counter located before the arrival hall.
3. Airport Coach, the cheapest mode of transportation between KLIA and KL Sentral.
Between LCCT and KL city:
1. Non stop Skybus, the most popular way of transportation between LCCT and KL Sentral Station.
2. Packaged KLIA Transit train and shuttle bus service.
A near to perfect road network is available connecting Kuala Lumpur with other major cities of the country as well as Singapore in the South and Thailand in the North. For visitors who prefer self drive, an updated GPS will get you to Kuala Lumpur from any parts of Malaysia Peninsular easily. For visitors who prefer coach service, scheduled coach service can be easily obtained from most of the towns and cities. Private transfer can also be obtained easily.
Kuala Lumpur is connected with Singapore and Thailand with a good railway network. The main transportation hub KL Sentral is the most popular disembark point. KL Sentral is also the stopover point for Eastern & Oriental luxury train commute between Thailand and Singapore.
Kuala Lumpur can be easily accessible from Port Klang located at about 50km away from the city. The Star Cruises Terminal is located at the Westport.
|Related Transportation Links
|National carrier of Malaysia.|
|The most popular budget airline in Malaysia.|
|Airport train transfer between KLIA, LCCT and KL Sentral.|
|KLIA Limousine service that connects KLIA with major areas in and around Kuala Lumpur.|
|The most popular mode of transportation between KL Sentral and LCCT.|
|Car Rental Service|
|Easy and convenient way to get in and get around in Kuala Lumpur.|