Shahbandar jetty, the main gateway to Pulau Redang:
- 30 minutes drive from Kuala Terengganu Airport
- 3 minutes drive or 15 minutes walk from Kuala Terengganu Bus Terminal
- Served by ferry operated by private company or resort
- More facilities at the jetty surrounding
Merang jetty, the alternative gateway to Pulau Redang:
- 40 minutes drive from Kuala Terengganu Airport
- 60 minutes drive from Kuala Terengganu Bus Terminal
- Served by speed boat operated by private company or resort
- Located in small fishing village with lesser facilities at the surrounding
- Nearer to Kuala Besut Jetty (jetty for Pulau Perhentian), approximately 60 minutes drive.
Option 1: By flight via KLIA, KLIA2 and Subang Airport
The flight will take about 1 hour from Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Terengganu Airport.
On arrival at Kuala Terengganu Airport, you may take a taxi, call for grab or use our transfer service to Shahbandar Jetty or Merang Jetty, follow by a ferry/speed boat transfer to Pulau Redang.
1. From Kuala Lumpur (KLIA/KLIA2) or Subang Airport to Kuala Terengganu:
Direct – 50-60 mins – daily basis – RM100-150 per way
Recommended flight timing:
|Airport||From KL/Subang||From Kuala Terengganu|
2. From Subang (SZB) to Pulau Redang:
Direct – 50-60 mins – Sun, Wed, Fri – RM1,590 round trip
|Airport||From Subang||From Redang|
Flight timing stated above is for reference only, it is subject to change as per related airline websites.
Please check with your travel agent/resort for ferry/boat timing, they should advise you on the suitable flight timing.
Options 2: By overnight coach via Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS), Duta Station, Shah Alam Seks 13, Putrajaya Sentral, Puchong, Kajang
Regular coaches are available from the above terminal, any overnight coach that leaves the terminal before 11pm (1 day before check in to island) and reach Kuala Terengganu Bus Terminal before 8am is good to go.
The coach will take about 6-7 hours from Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Terengganu Bus Terminal.
On arrival at Kuala Terengganu Bus Terminal, you may take a taxi, call for grab or use our transfer service to Shahbandar Jetty or Merang Jetty, follow by a ferry/speed boat transfer to Pulau Redang.
One way ticket will cost between RM50-60 per way depends on the coach company.