Located at about 45km of the coast of Terengganu, Redang Island (Pulau Redang – 热浪岛) is the largest island in the state. It is famous for its pristine beaches, fabulous dive sites, crystal clear water and picturesque views. The most popular beach is the 800m Long Beach (Pasir Panjang) where most of the resorts and chalets dotted along the shore.
Attractions in Pulau Redang
The long beach (长滩 – Pasir Panjang) in Redang is one of the best beaches in South East Asia, praised for its crystal clear water, pristine white sandy beach and abundance of underwater marine life near its shore.
Redang Marine Park （海洋公园）is the next best attraction that no one visitor should miss it. The water in marine park is filled with variety of small fishes and the swimming area is relatively big.
Activities in Pulau Redang
- Snorkeling in the tranquil, crystal clear water to see colorful fishes and corals.
- Scuba diving to discover the shipwrecks and other interesting features of the waters here in Pulau Redang. There are more than 30 dives sites near Pulau Redang.
- Catch sunset from Long Beach and sunrise by evening cruise.
- Trekking to see the diversified tropical plants and animals.
- Turtle watching.
- Night party!
- Build sand castles with kids.
- Get sweat by playing a round of beach volleyball or beach soccer.
- Pamper yourself by signing up a spa package.
- Sit back, relax and do NOTHING!
Pulau Redang Travel Guide
Pulau Redang is located in the state of Terengganu and can be accessed via Shahbandar Jetty and Merang Jetty. Related travel guides can be found below:
- Ferry/Boat timing to Pulau Redang
- How to travel between Kuala Lumpur and Pulau Redang
- How to travel between Johor and Pulau Redang
- How to travel between Singapore and Pulau Redang
- How to travel between Penang and Pulau Redang
- How to travel between Kuala Terengganu Airport and Shahbandar Jetty/Merang Jetty
- How to travel between Kota Bharu Airport and Shahbandar Jetty/Merang Jetty
Pulau Redang Trip Reports
Where to Stay in Pulau Redang
Pulau Redang Tours & Packages
3d2n Redang Beach Resort Snorkeling Package
3d2n Redang Laguna Resort Snorkeling Package
3d2n Redang Bay Resort Snorkeling Package
3d2n Redang Pelangi Resort Snorkeling Package
3d2n Redang Holiday Beach Villa Snorkeling Package
3d2n Redang Reef Resort Snorkeling Package
Pulau PerhentianKnow More
Update: 8 JAN 2019