Your journey begins with a meet at the hotel lobby for transfer to Mari Mari Cultural Village.
You start with a slow drive towards the Mari Mari Cultural Village, which is approximately 25 minutes away. Enjoy the scenic view of vast greenery and blue painted skies as you hit the road. Once you approach village entrance, be welcomed by the sight of ancient Borneo architecture, and take a step back in time of days of old. Be dazzled by the authentic wooden towers, distinct wooden houses, and structures decorated by nature.
You will be greeted by warm smiles and welcomes, and be given the opportunity to experience the different lifestyles of different indigenous tribes of Sabah (Dusun / Rungus / Murut / Bajau / Lundayeh). Blend in and see the culture like it really is. The houses here are all built by generations of Sabah native tribesmen, and are different in terms of style and design, each representing their own tribe. You can also visit the replica huts and see the daily routines of the olden Borneo natives come to life. Have a go at blowpipe making, fire-starting, and understand tribal tattoos to learn the mythical meanings behind each symbol. Also get a chance to see how the locals make vests out of tree husks, and also experience the traditional dance atop the ‘Lataran’ or traditional woven trampoline like floor.
Also not forgetting are the various Sabahan delicacies that you will get to try, like the Montoku or rice wine, steamed rice and fish as well as vegetables cooked using bamboo shoots. Embrace the warm hospitality and partake in the cultural performances (Bamboo Dance) by the tribe representatives, and end your tour with a delicious home-cooked authentic Sabahan meal, before you bid the village farewell, and head back to your respective hotels.
Tour duration (estimated): 9.00am to 2.00pm (Morning session)
Tour duration (estimated): 1.00pm to 6.00pm (Aftermoon session)
- 2 ways transfer between KK city hotel and Mari Mari Cultural Village
- Entrance fee
- Guided tour
- Hi Tea or Lunch
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended to purchase)
- Items not stated in “includes” section.
- For pick up outside the City (Kinarut, Tuaran Beach Resort and Mimpian Jadi Resort Area), there is a surcharge of RM 20 per person
- Itinerary and package content is subject to last minute changes due to weather or operational issue.
- Activity stated is provided on complimentary basis, no refund will be made for cancellation of activities due to weather or operational issue.
- Child rate 5 – 11 years old by year are entitled to the child rate.
Package Price: RM (per person)
Validity: 1 Apr 2019 – 31 Mar 2021
Pricing is calculated based on per person
Whatsapp us to get more details!
We are reachable by call too:
You may also fill up the Inquiry Form below:
Updated: 1 Nov 2019
Customer reviews on Mari Mari Cultural Village Tour Package
Submit your review